Canada is a world leader in residential construction technology. Builders and housing experts from around the world come to our country to learn new approaches to housing design and construction. EnviroHome projects demonstrate why this is the case.
The EnviroHome Initiative was established in 1994 by the Canadian Home Builders' Association and TD Canada Trust to recognize and support innovative new home builders who are committed to offering consumers homes that are, "better for you, better for your community and better for the environment". EnviroHome builders have met that high standard.
- Insulated Foam Block Foundation.
- Engineered Silent Floor System.
- Kiln Dried SPF Finger-jointed Wood Studs with Rigid Styrofoam Cladmate Sheathing.
- Fireboard Wood Siding
- Hot Water Thin Slab Infloor Radiant Heating System.
- High Efficiency Heat Recovery Ventilator.
- Eco Logo Paints and Varnishes.
- High Efficiency Lighting.
- Water Conserving Toilets, Faucets and Shower heads.
- Registered R-2000
- Carrier Energy efficient heat pump system with TFP air filter
- Ash hardwood floors and staircase
- Heated ceramic floors
- Propane fireplace
- Energy efficient windows
- Security system with intercom feature
- Home pre-wired for Smart House technology